[On Friday, June 3, a far-right coalition attempted to occupy The People’s Forum, a socialist and anti-racist space in New York. They were reportedly abetted by the police who were present at the space but allowed the physical attacks and verbal harassment of the staff and guests of The People’s Forum. The International Union of Left Publishers has issued a statement condemning the attack.]
The International Union of Left Publishers condemns the attack on The People’s Forum and 1804 Books in New York City. They were attacked by far-right groups. The New York police department allegedly colluded with these groups.
The Peoples Forum released a statement today that said ‘we will continue to uplift our socialist values and be a welcoming space for working people and all those who want to transform society for the better.’
We cannot hope for a better attitude against the toxic and ugly violence of the far right and those who collude with them.
We stand with The People’s Forum and 1804 Books in our commitment to transform society for the better.
[The International Union of Left Publishers, which includes 1804 Books, is a platform of forty-five publishing house, see below. For more information, contact [email protected]]
1) 1804 Books (USA).
2) Batalla de Ideas (Argentina)
3) Bharathi Puthakalayam (Tamil Nadu, India)
4) Caminos del CMMLK (Cuba).
5) Centro Social y Librería Proyección (Chile).
6) Chintha Publishers (Kerala, India).
7) Connolly Books (Ireland).
8) Ed.Bellaterra (España).
9) Editora Avante (Portugal).
10) Editorial El Colectivo (Argentina).
11) EPO (Belgium).
12) Estrella Roja (Venezuela).
13) Expressão Popular (Brazil).
14) FESTI (Kenya).
15) Fondo Editorial Fundarte (Venezuela).
16) Gonoprokashon (Bangladesh)
17) Idea (Romania)
18) InkaniBooks (South Africa).
19) Instituto Simón Bolívar (Venezuela)
20) International Publishers (USA).
21) International Strategy Centre (South Korea).
22) Janashakti (Maharashtra, India).
23) Janata Prasaran Tatha Prakashan (Nepal).
24) Kriya (Karnataka, India).
25) LeftWord Books (India).
26) Mangroven Verlag (Germany).
27) Marjin Kiri (Indonesia).
28) Militant Publications (Ghana).
29) Mkuki na Nyota (Tanzania).
30) Naked Punch Books (Pakistan)
31) National Book Agency (West Bengal, India).
32) Nava Telangana (Telangana, India).
33) Ojas (Gujarat, India).
34) Prajasakhti (Andhra Pradesh, India).
35) Radical Books (Spain).
36) Red Star Press (Italy).
37) Second Thesis (South Korea).
38) Sezione Fornelli Edizioni (Italy).
39) Studia humanitatis (Slovenia).
40) Tigre de Papel (Cataluña).
41) Ukombozi (Kenya).
42) Vadell Hnos Editores.
43) Vam Prakashan (India).
44) Yordam Kitap (Turkey).
45) Založba /*cf. (Slovenia).